The Skulberģu (Skaņkalnes) Orthodox Church is located in Skaņkalne region and for over one hundred years has been visible within a stand of giant trees.
Reinis Cukurs memoirs report that the building was financed by czar Nikolai II and cost 12,350 silver rubles. The church was completed and consecrated in 1898.
The church was closed in 1961 and although the interior beauty has been completely lost, the exterior remains a sight worth seeing.
Mazsalacas novada pašvaldība