Mazsalaca Baptist Church
The history of Baptism in Mazsalaca can be traced back to 1929 with the arrival of two young pastors - Kārlis Ērmanis and Arnolds Lūsis - the latter of which was only 19 at the time. A congregation was formed in 1931 and in 1939 the construction of the church was begun with a ceremony of immuring a time capsule in the freshly poured foundations. The first communion took place on October 6, 1940. At this time, the outer walls still stand unplastered as a symbol for the Christians of those times.
Mazsalacas novada pašvaldība